The University of Nebraska at Omaha Physics Department welcomes you to 2022 Aim for the Stars Science and Math Camp!
|If you need special accommodations, please let us know one week in advance by calling: 402.554.4999 (TTY 402.554.3799) or emailing: email@example.com|
- Weekly starting Monday, June 6 – August 5 (eight weeks)
- 8:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M. Monday–Friday (each camp is 1 week long)
- 8th–10th grade camps are ½ days, 8:30 A.M.–12:30 P.M. Monday–Friday
- No camps the week of July 4-8
Camp choices are based on the grade entering in fall of 2022. There are no exceptions to the grade level requirement.
- Totally Cool Math and Science Combo is offered for those entering grades 3 and 4.
- One camp is offered specifically for girls.
- Three camps are for those entering grades 8–10.
- Fourth and fifth graders attend camps together.
- Sixth through eighth graders attend camps together.
All sessions of Aim for the Stars Science and Math Camp begin and end in the Durham Science Center, located on the northwest corner of the Dodge Campus of the University of Nebraska at Omaha (6001 Dodge Street). Handicapped parking is available on the east side of the Durham Science Center. Please see the “Parking” tab for specific parking directions.
Before and After Care
To accommodate families who need to drop students off early or pick them up late, care is offered with an additional fee (non-refundable). Options for extended care:
- $20 per student, per week of camp for just before care: 7:30 - 8:30 A.M.
- $35 per student, per week of camp for just after care: 3:30 - 5:30 P.M.
- $55 per student, per week for both before care and after care
Note: Limited enrollment in After Care. There are no waitlists; first come, first served only. Due to the number of campers enrolled in After Care, there is no enrollment by the day except under emergency conditions. After Care enrollment may be available once a camp week begins. (Please call Monday after 10a.m. for availability).
Camps fill quickly on a first come, first served basis, although there are waitlists available on line; if a camp is full it will be shown as “Full”. Click on “Full” to add your child to a waitlist. There are ten spaces on each waitlist. To check on information regarding particular camps visit aimforthestars.unomaha.edu.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Initial nonrefundable payment of $50 deposit to hold a camp is subtracted from the cost of each camp.
- The balance due must be received by 4:00 P.M. Monday, May 9, 2022.
- Payment plans may be set up for those with financial need only. If payment arrangements have not been made or if the full balance is not received within the grace period (ends May 12, 2022), the $50 deposit per camp and reserved camp space(s) will be forfeited.
- Deposits are neither refunded nor applied to another camp or camper’s account.
- Cancellations made within five working days before the camp session will receive no refund.
- A $10 transfer fee is applied on all transfers.
The Aim for the Stars Excellence Fund at the University of Nebraska Foundation supports Aim for the Stars. For information on how to contribute to the mission of Aim for the Stars, please contact David Belieu 402.504.3335 direct, 800.432.3216 toll-free, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking at UNO
Safety is of the greatest importance at Aim for the Stars. Parking procedures reflect the combined efforts of UNO Parking Enforcement, UNO Public Safety, and the director of Aim for the Stars to ensure the safety of your children. Please inform those dropping off and picking up children of the instructions and map found on the “Parking” tab on the website: aimforthestars.unomaha.edu. These instructions will be emailed the week prior to the start of your child’s camp.
All campers need to bring a sack lunch daily. There is Kool-Aid to drink at lunchtime. A refrigerator is available in each classroom. An afternoon treat is also provided. We will attempt to accommodate children with health issues by providing a comparable alternative snack. You are welcome to send an alternative snack with your child.
The AFTS staff cannot monitor every child’s use of personal technology; therefore, small electronic devices, phones, i-pods and the like are to be kept secured in a backpack or purse and not used during camp hours or in before or after care. If the device is being used, counselors and/or teachers will confiscate and send the device to the camp director. It will be returned at the end of the day. Safety concerns and the misuse of such technology at camp have led to this policy.
There is a telephone in each room and in the camp office and teachers carry phones on field trips that may be used for emergency calls to parents. Use of cell phones to call or receive calls from parents or others is discouraged during camp hours, including the lunch period. Parents should call 402-554-4999 if they need to speak with a child. We are more than happy to have children use the classroom phone if they need to call parents/guardians.
Camp Open House Hours
Family Open House Hours - 3:45p.m. - 6:00p.m.
Thursday is our Family Open House! A note with details and room numbers will be sent home with your child on Wednesday of each week. Visit your child’s classroom, and roam from room to room to see what’s up in other camps!
Free StuffWith each registered camp, campers receive a t-shirt, a $5 gift certificate to the Science Store, an invitation to a UNO Maverick home athletic event during the 2022 - 2023 season, and a gift certificate to Hobby Town in LaVista!
Aim for the Stars Summer Camps
Physics Department - Durham Science Center (DSC) 144
6001 Dodge Street | Omaha, NE 68182-0266