School of Accounting Mission Statement
The UNO School of Accounting leverages its distinctive metropolitan position to
- prepare students for professional accounting and business careers by delivering AACSB Accounting Accredited and IMA Endorsed BSBA-Accounting and Master of Accounting programs,
- create and disseminate knowledge that impacts students, the academy, and business professionals by engaging in relevant scholarly activities, and
- enrich relationships among students, faculty, and business professionals in the Omaha region by providing and supporting engagement opportunities.
Internationally Recognized Accounting Education
UNO is the first university in Nebraska to earn the IMA's Endorsement of Higher Education, signifying that the Department of Accounting's management accounting curricula enable students to pursue the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) credential.
IIA Internal Audit Awareness Program
The Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) recognizes UNO's Department of Accounting as an IIA Internal Audit Awareness Program School, acknowledging our inclusion of internal auditing concepts in auditing courses.
Beta Alpha Psi
Accounting Careers Program and InternshipsStudents take advantage of internship opportunities with local CPA firms and other business, government, and non-profit organizations and learn about diverse career paths through careers program events.
School of Accounting Highlights
BSBA - Accounting Concentration degrees | Summer 2020 - Spring 2021
- 64 Undergraduate Accounting degrees | 36 male, 28 female
- 77% of graduates are employed or continuing education upon graduation
- 48% of graduates participated in career-related internships
- 71% of graduates participated in career-related internships and/or jobs
- 84% of graduates are satisfied with their preparation for work/career
- 84% of graduates feel confident solving complex real-world problems
Master of Accounting degrees | Summer 2020 - Spring 2021
- 14 Master of Accounting graduates | 9 male, 5 female
- 92% of graduates are employed upon graduation