Terrorists are made, not born.
How to stop them involves deeper understanding, sharper technologies and quicker turnaround on placing prevention know-how into the hands of front-line responders.
NCITE is America’s latest terrorism and targeted violence-fighting tool.
As the academic hub for the nation’s latest cutting-edge counterterrorism research, NCITE offers insight. Insight into why and how people turn to terrorism. Insight into spotting early warning signs of radicalization of would-be terrorists in the making. Insight into how to interrupt that mobilization process to keep Americans safe abroad and in their communities.
How to counterterrorism? Our projects will examine:
- How terrorist groups plan and prepare for attacks.
- How their organizational dynamics shape threats.
- What role microblog platforms play in promoting terrorism.
- Best practices in threat assessment tools.
- How Augmented Reality with Real-Time AI can help identify terrorists at the U.S. border.
- The way life histories are predictors of online violence and cyberattacks.
Terrorists use violence to instill fear to get people and governments to react. Counterterrorism requires a quick, nimble, research-based response.