Employment Separation Checklist
Notify Human Resources at email@example.com immediately, so that employees may be provided instructions for completing an exit interview.
For involuntary separations, contact UNO HR Employee Relations prior to taking any action at:
See below for more information about involuntary separations.
- Collect university property, such as laptop, cell phone, iPad, etc. If uncertain of specific university property on loan to the employee, check with your department’s designee, who can access SAP’s Objects-on-loan specific to the employee.
- Contact Public Safety to shut off any building or office access.
- Collect any keys and return applicable keys to Public Safety.
- Low priority requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other requests may be directed to Public Safety at 402.554.2648.
Card access requests should go through the online key program, including requests to disable alarm codes at https://accesscontrol.unomaha.edu.
Notify IS Security ISO-Separation@unomaha.edu of any requests for special attention to accounts prior to contacting your local IS Support:
- E-mail out-of-office or management access
- Systems access, including websites, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
- Group removal
- File storage removal
- Data reclamation
- Telephone access
Manager or designee submits Personnel Action Form (PAF) to Human Resources (HR) to terminate employment status. PAF forms also may be accessed through Sapphire in the Firefly Business Portal.
Send resignation letter to HR for the employee’s personnel file.
Collect Purchasing Card (P-Card) and notify Accounting Services at email@example.com to de-activate the user immediately.
Remind employee to return parking permit to Parking office and make arrangements to cancel Payroll deduction. Or, they may request via email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and NUID number to cancel payroll deduction for parking and to remove MavRide access from their MavCard. Parking Services will work with the employee via email to complete the appropriate forms and return the permit.
Collect Purchasing Card (P-Card) and notify Accounting Services at email@example.com to de-activate the user. If the P-Card cannot be collected, contact Accounting Services to zero out and de-activate the card.
Manager emails firstname.lastname@example.org with employee name and NUID number in order to cancel payroll deduction for parking and to remove MavRide access from their MavCARD.
Prior to notification of employee, the manager contacts Public Safety at 402.554.2922 to determine outstanding key numbers that may need to be collected.