Parking Appeals Committee
Appeal a Violation
Students, faculty/staff and visitors who receive a parking violation at UNO have the option to appeal the violation within 30 days of the issuance of the violation.
The appeal should present substantial evidence that the parking violation was not committed, or the occurrence was due to circumstances beyond their control. The appeal process is not a venue for general criticisms, complaints or policy debates.
In order to provide a consistent review procedure the following reasons do not meet the Standards for Appeal:
- Frivolous or Abusive Appeals
- Other vehicles were parked improperly
- Only parked illegally for a short period of time
- Lack of knowledge of parking regulations
- Stated parking enforcement officer did not ticket previously for similar offenses
- Late to class or appointment
- Inability to pay the amount of the fine
- Lack of available parking
- No valid permit displayed
- No money to pay for meter parking
- No current UNO permit has been purchased for the faculty/staff or student appealing the violation
- Did not register vehicle on account prior to parking on campus
- Obtained parking information outside of Parking Services
How to Appeal
- Only faculty/staff and students who have purchased a current UNO permit can appeal a violation.
- Read and complete all steps of the online appeal process, including an explanation of why the violation is not valid. There is a 1000 character limit for the appeal note box.
- Parking Services will notify you of the appeal decision via UNO email.
- If the appeal is denied the outstanding fee for faculty/staff and students will be moved to the MAVLink account the next business day.
- An appeal is forfeited if the violation is paid. The 20% discount is forfeited if the violation is appealed.
All decisions reached are considered binding and constitute the final disposition of the appeal.
RESOLUTION 4358, 11/14/18: Parking Appeals Committee Membership
BE IT RESOLVED that the Parking Appeals Committee needs one more faculty member for a two year term. The Parking Appeals Committee IOP has the committee populated with 3 UNO Staff members and 2 Faculty members. Faculty members: Marshall Prisbell (term: 7/31/17 – 8/1/19), Yumi Ohira (term: 7/31/18 – 8/1/20).