Jewish Ethics Symposium
In April 2014, the UNO Schwalb Center held an symposium on Jewish religious and philosophical ethics attended by scholars from across the United States and Israel.
In addition to organizing two days of papers, Dr. Curtis Hutt (Religious Studies) and Dr. Halla Kim (Philosophy) subsequently partnered with Dr. Berel Dov Lerner of Western Galilee College in Israel in putting together a volume that has received an offer for publication by Routledge.
The book of collected essays titled Jewish Religious and Philosophical Ethics brings together the work of well-established and budding researchers including:
- Howard Wettstein (Univ. of California at Irvine)
- Elisha Anscelovits (Hebrew University)
- Lenn Evan Goodman (Vanderbilt)
- Michah Gottlieb (New York University)
- Halla Kim (UNO)
- Geoffrey Claussen (Elon University)
- Berel Dov Lerner (Western Galilee College)
- Laura Grams (UNO)
- Eric Nelson (Hong Kong University)
- Ari Schick (Tel Aviv University)
- Yakir Englander (Shalom Hartman Institute)
- Curtis Hutt (UNO)