Boost your business acumen with UNO's five-session Mini MBA Certificate program. Our Mini MBA is comprehensive and application-based, delivering essential business knowledge and skills that professionals can apply immediately to advance their careers and impact their companies.
2019 Fall Dates
**Registration Deadline is 11:59pm Thursday, August 29
All sessions run on Thursdays from 8:30am - 4:30pm at the UNO College of Business Administration. Lunch break from 12-1pm.
September 5 Leadership and Innovation
September 12 Competing Successfully in a Market Environment
September 19 Fiscal Leadership & Decision Making
September 26 Strategic Organizational Growth & the Role of HR Management
October 3 Managing & Leading Teams to Drive Corporate Performance
$2,495 fee includes tuition and course materials.
Highly experienced graduate faculty will teach interactive sessions on the following topics:
- Innovation and Critical Thinking
- Leveraging Human Capital
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Overseeing the Organization: Corporate Governance and Strategic Leadership
- Steering the Organization: Developing an Enterprise Strategy
- Achieving Effective Team Collaboration
- Feedback and Coaching for Long-Term Success
- The Economics of Strategic Pricing
- Finance for the Non-Financial Executive
- Earn a non-credit certificate of completion and 3 continuing education units
- Learn how to apply key business topics to your own career through interactive classes
- Network with other Omaha-area professionals
- Meet professors experienced in their fields and skilled in coaching top-level executives
For your company:
- Retain high-potential employees
- Empower people to bring new ideas and a fresh perspective
- Apply proven, practical techniques to challenges
- Build a productive culture
"The Mini MBA at UNO was perfect for me. With three graduate degrees already, I was lacking essential training in the business aspects of how organizations function. The five days I spent with the outstanding faculty from the Executive MBA program at UNO were very valuable. They provided a solid foundation and broad background that gave me necessary skills to advance in my profession."
—Preston VanLoon, Ed.D., BCC, Spring '17 Mini MBA
"UNO’s Mini MBA program provides professionals the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest research and developments in all areas of business. Participants are led by instructors who are award-winning, engaging, thought-provoking, and up-to-date in their area of expertise. I strongly recommend this program for anyone interested in knowing more about the fascinating world of business or simply desiring a refresher on their existing MBA."
—Craig Bence, VP/CIO, Spring '17 Mini MBA
"It was an amazing week, and I was so impressed. I will continue to tell everyone I know about the program and what a huge fan I am of the talented professors at UNO."
—Cheri Craig, Vice President, Fall '16 Mini MBA
We understand that changes in plans or schedules may result in a participant not being able to attend the program as planned.
All withdrawal or deferral notifications must be sent in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund may only be obtained if notification is received at least 7 days prior to the program start date. Due to program preparation and administration costs, any withdrawals or deferrals received less than 7 days prior to the program start date are subject to penalty fees as described below:
- More than 7 days’ notice: 100% Refund
- 6 to 3 days’ notice: 50% Refund OR 100% deferral to next program
- Less than 2 days’ notice: 0% Refund OR 50% deferral to next program
Deferrals: Participants may defer to a future program; transfers are valid only within one year of the original program start date. It is the responsibility of the participant to enroll in a course, at which time the balance will transfer. After one year, the balance is non-refundable.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.