Mini MBA Certificate Program
Boost your business acumen with UNO's five-session Mini MBA Certificate program. Our Mini MBA is comprehensive and application-based, delivering essential business knowledge and skills that professionals can apply immediately to advance their careers and impact their companies.
2022 Spring Dates
2022 Fall Dates
|Registration Deadline is 11:59pm Thursday, March 24
||Registration Deadline is 11:59pm Thursday, September 29
|March 31||October 6|
|April 7||October 13|
|April 14||October 20|
|April 21||October 27|
|April 28||November 3|
The Fall 2022 program will be held in person in Mammel Hall. All sessions run on Thursdays from 8:30 A.M.- 4:30 P.M. with regular breaks and a lunch break from noon - 1 P.M.
$2,495 - fee includes tuition and course materials.
*Scholarships available for UNO/UNMC employees, UNO alumni, current/retired military, and non-profit professionals. Contact Katie for more details - firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.554.6262.
Highly experienced graduate faculty will teach interactive sessions on the following topics:
- Overseeing the Organization: Corporate Governance and Strategic Leadership
- Innovation and Critical Thinking
- Strategic Marketing Management
- The Economics of Strategic Pricing
- Steering the Organization: Developing an Enterprise Strategy
- Leveraging Human Capital
- Managerial Accounting for Decision-Making
- Finance for the Non-Financial Executive
- Managing & Leading Teams to Drive Corporate Performance
- Achieving Effective Team Collaboration
- Feedback and Coaching for Long-Term Success
- Earn a non-credit certificate of completion and 3 continuing education units
- Learn how to apply key business topics to your own career through interactive classes
- Network with other Omaha-area professionals
- Meet professors experienced in their fields and skilled in coaching top-level executives
For your company:
- Retain high-potential employees
- Empower people to bring new ideas and a fresh perspective
- Apply proven, practical techniques to challenges
- Build a productive culture
"The Mini MBA at UNO was perfect for me. With three graduate degrees already, I was lacking essential training in the business aspects of how organizations function. The five days I spent with the outstanding faculty from the Executive MBA program at UNO were very valuable. They provided a solid foundation and broad background that gave me necessary skills to advance in my profession."
—Preston VanLoon, Ed.D., BCC, Spring '17 Mini MBA
"UNO’s Mini MBA program provides professionals the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest research and developments in all areas of business. Participants are led by instructors who are award-winning, engaging, thought-provoking, and up-to-date in their area of expertise. I strongly recommend this program for anyone interested in knowing more about the fascinating world of business or simply desiring a refresher on their existing MBA."
—Craig Bence, VP/CIO, Spring '17 Mini MBA
"It was an amazing week, and I was so impressed. I will continue to tell everyone I know about the program and what a huge fan I am of the talented professors at UNO."
—Cheri Craig, Vice President, Fall '16 Mini MBA