About Service, Leadership, and Innovation Collaborative
The Service, Leadership, and Innovation Collaborative fosters a lifelong commitment to active community engagement by providing a framework to empower members of the University of Nebraska at Omaha community to identify and address the most pressing challenges and needs both locally and globally.
The Service, Leadership, and Innovation Collaborative exists to fulfill the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s mission of community engagement. We realize our commitment to this mission by developing and preparing student leaders as agents of positive social change who make empathic decisions and contribute innovative solutions to address the complex environmental, educational, economic, health, international, and social justice issues of our time.
- Develop and promote co-curricular programs that integrate community engagement with the development of transferable lifelong skills for students.
- Facilitate mutually beneficial partnerships with local and global nonprofit organizations to support their overall mission while providing a high-impact learning experience for students.
- Serve as a clearinghouse to collect and disseminate information on civic learning opportunities.
- Contribute to the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s culture of caring by providing resources to students, faculty, and staff.
- Conduct and publish research on civic engagement and disseminate information on best practices for institutions of higher education. Advance scholarship around civic engagement through conference participation, publishing.
Jeffrey Southall IIjsouthallii@unomaha.edu
Service, Leadership, and Innovation Collaborative
Maverick Food Pantry