Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard, UNO's learning management system. When students use the lockdown browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another website, or access other applications until they submit the assessment for grading. Monitor is a companion product that enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams. Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving Blackboard.
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized.
- Task switching or access to other applications is prevented.
- Print, Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled, as are copy and paste functions.
- Right-click menu options and function keys are disabled.
- The browser menu and toolbar options are disabled, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop.
UNO has purchased a site license for both products for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
- Review the Faculty and Student Quick Start Guides.
- Notify your students as soon as possible, especially if you’re using Monitor. (Some of them may need to purchase webcams.)
- A course note can be added in Mavlink so that students are aware of this requirement prior to registration.
- We also recommend that another note be added to your syllabus.
- Explore the Respondus resource course in Blackboard. The course has both help documents as well as sample instructions you can use.
For access to the Respondus Faculty Resource Course:
- Go to http://requestcenter.unomaha.edu/ and login with your UNO NetID and password.
- Click Report an Issue.
- In the Title field type Request Access to the Respondus Faculty Resource Course.
- Then fill in the Description field with your request information. Please be sure to include a phone number in case we need to contact you.
- Click OK.
- When your request has been processed, you will receive an email confirming your access to the Respondus Faculty Resource Course in Blackboard.
To copy information into your course from the resource course:
- Log into Blackboard with your UNO NetID and password.
- Locate and open the Respondus Faculty Support Course in your My Courses Module.
- From the course Control Panel, select Packages and Utilities.
- Click Course Copy and browse for the course that you want to copy into.
- In Section 2, check the box next to COPY THIS FOLDER.
- Click Submit.
Training Available for Faculty:
ITS provides hands-on faculty training for Respondus each semester. To locate and register for the next available training session, review the Calendar.
Common FAQs, Tutorials, and Troubleshooting:
- What are the requirements for installing Respondus LockDown Browser & Monitor?
- Addional Help with Respondus LockDown Browser
- Additional Help with Respondus Monitor
For more FAQs, tutorials, information on troubleshooting issues please search the Information Technology Services Knowledge Base in Request Center.
Test and Evaluation Scanning
Information Technology Services offers scanning of traditional 5 answer bubble sheets. You will need to login and complete a request before they can be scanned.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.