gMAV E-mail, Drive and Calendar
gMAV is UNO's implementation of Google Apps for Education. It provides the student email system as well as Google Drive, Google Sites, and Google Calendar for students, faculty, and staff.
- Before you can set gmav up on an email client or another gmail account you must set a Mobile Password.
- As a University, we do not support recreational applications associated with Google such as Google Pay and Google Play Store.
- The University does support applications associated with academics including:
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Google Sites
- Google Email
LoginsLogin to EmailLogin to DriveLogin to Calendars
I'm a student, but I've received an Office 365 account. How do I switch back?Once your email has been switched to an Office365 account there isn't a way to revert it to gMAV. However, you can still access the non email functions of Google.
Should I use POP or IMAP when setting up my email?
- POP is a basic email protocol. It goes out to the server, grabs all of the email, downloads it and then typically deletes the email from the server. Once it has done that, the only place you can access the email from is the computer you downloaded it to. POP is good to use if you want to store all of your email on a single computer. Do not use POP if you access your email from multiple locations/devices.
- IMAP is a more advanced email protocol. It goes out to the server and downloads the email, but doesn't delete them from the server. IMAP is useful if you access your email from multiple locations or devices.
Are there any restrictions on file types and sizes I can upload in gmav?You have 30 GB of storage to share between Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Items that count toward your storage limit:
- Gmail: All messages and attachments in your mail, including those in your Spam and Trash folders.
- Drive: Files up to 5 TB that you’ve stored in Drive, like PDFs, images, and videos. Anything you’ve made with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides doesn’t count toward your storage limit.
- Google Photos: If you choose "Original" in your Google Photos upload settings, your photos will count towards your storage limit. Items that don’t count toward your storage limit
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, etc.
- Files shared with you.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.