Accounts & Passwords
The NUID (Nebraska Unique Identification) is a unique 8 digit number assigned to all students, faculty and staff members during either admissions or hiring. This number remains the same across the University of Nebraska and Nebraska State College system. So if you have taken classes or worked at another University of Nebraska campus, or one of the state colleges, you may already have an NUID.
How can I get my NUID number and a password?
TrueYou Self-Service - the quickest and easiest way to look up your NUID and set your password.
Other ways to get your NUID:
- If you are in the Omaha metro area, you can obtain your NUID in person by showing your photo ID at the Records and Registration Office, Eppley Administration Building (EAB) 105.
- If you are outside the Omaha metro area, you can send a SIGNED letter to UNO Records and Registration, 6001 Dodge St., EAB 105, Omaha, NE 68182-0286 or a SIGNED FAX to 402.554.3472 requesting your NUID be mailed to you (home address for students, department address for faculty/staff). We DO NOT accept e-mailed requests. Please include your name and date of birth for identification purposes.
What systems do I use my NUID for?
- MavLINK - The Student Information System for UNO. This is where you register for classes, check your balance, and get your grades.
- Firefly - The Human Resources system for the University of Nebraska system. This is where you find pay stubs, and handle benefits.
- TrueYou - The password reset system for MavLINK and Firefly. This is where you can look up your NUID, and reset your password.
Things to remember about your NUID number and password:
- Your NUID and password together authorize the holder to access information that is not considered public information by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Treat the password in the same manner you would a banking PIN number.
- You will only ever have one NUID number. Students who later become faculty or staff will continue to use the same number.
- NUID information WILL NOT be released via telephone or FAX.
- NUID information will NOT be given to anyone but the student, faculty or staff member.
- Retain your NUID even if you are not enrolled in courses. Along with your NUID password, it allows you to access MavLINK and make transcript requests.
The UNO NetID is your username and password for online services that are specific to UNO. Every student, faculty and staff member has a UNO NetID. Your NetID and all associated accounts are automatically generated upon enrollment of class, registration for orientation, or as part of the hiring process. It typically takes 2 to 3 days for accounts to be completely generated and accessible.
How can I get my NetID username and password?
You will need your NUID and password to look up your username and set your password.
What services use the NetID?
For a list of others services please visit my.unomaha.edu
Do you have instructions available in other languages?
Yes! In conjunction with International Studies and Programs, we have translated step-by-step instructions on how to setup your NUID, NetID and access gmav and Blackboard into the following languages:
You will need a PDF reader to open these instructions.
Change your name recently?
There are three types of guest logins available. All of these logins are subject to the University's Acceptable Use Policy.
Guest access for Computer Login
Actively employed UNO faculty and staff may provide appropriate individuals with temporary guest account/password access to login to computers on campus.
To grant temporary access to computers : http://guest.unomaha.edu
Sponsored Guest Accounts and Student Workers
For contractors, volunteers and other individuals not employed by the University, but who are associated with the University and need a UNO email address, sponsored guest accounts can be created which allow these individuals with access to email and other services as specified by the person requesting them. This request is also used to provide a special "student worker" account for students who employed and UNO and need to send email as part of their employment.
Guest access on Blackboard
Visitor accounts are used to provide access to Blackboard courses for people who do not have a UNO NetID. Use for visitor accounts varies, but the most common application is guests participating in a course, such as a guest lecturer.