UNO Women's Club
The UNO Women’s Club has its roots in the mid 1930’s and was originally called the UNO Faculty Wives Club. The first formal minutes were recorded in May of 1937. The Club’s earliest goals were to aid in supporting the university’s mission and vision and to promote sociability and interaction among faculty, faculty wives, and students in hopes of creating a close-knit university community.
During the 1966-67 academic year the group officially became known as the UNO Faculty Women’s Club. Membership was opened to female faculty, faculty wives, and administrator’s wives. The Club adapted to their new membership demographic, shifting regular meetings from weekday afternoons to take place on weekday evenings or Saturday mornings so that more working women could participate.
Membership is now open to any UNO-affiliated woman, and the Club has since adopted the name UNO Women’s Club to represent its inclusivity.