Maverick Daily and Bullseye
About the Maverick Daily and the Bullseye
The Maverick Daily is a daily online publication for faculty, staff, and administration that is dedicated to providing relevant news, event details, and information about the UNO campus and community. The content is provided by and for the UNO community.
The Bullseye (formerly known as Maverick Weekly) is an online publication for students that is dedicated to providing news highlights, event details, and information about the UNO campus and community. It is sent once each week Mondays. Occasionally, during busy weeks and when key student-related or public events take place, the Bullseye (Mid-Week Edition) is sent on Wednesdays. The content is provided by and for the UNO community.
What information can I submit?
Announcements must have a broad appeal to the campus community and must apply to all faculty, staff, and administration or to all students. Announcements must be sponsored or hosted by a registered UNO student organization, department, program, or office.
What information won’t run?
- Job candidate resumes; only senior executive positions will be posted. (i.e.: assistant vice chancellor and above)
- Job postings
- Off-campus events not related to UNO
- Personal social media accounts, personal blogs, personal websites, or related media
- Individual classes, class projects, or class surveys, excluding professional development workshops
Who can submit information?
Any registered student organization, department, office, or college may submit items to the Maverick Daily or the Bullseye.
Some items may be able to be communicated through other department or college channels. Contact the communications lead in your department or college to find out what other channels are available. If you do not know who the lead is in your area, contact University Communications.
How do I submit an item?
If you’d like your announcement to be considered in both publications, please submit a Start Your Project request.
If your announcement pertains to faculty, staff, and administration, send it to email@example.com. Announcements must be received at least three business days before its first appearance in the Maverick Daily.
If your announcement pertains to students, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcements must be received by Thursday at 3 P.M. for it to run in Monday’s edition of the Bullseye. University Communications, in collaboration with Student Affairs, has the editorial privilege of selecting signature events for Wednesday’s edition of the Bullseye.
University Communications does not guarantee anything submitted after the deadlines will be included in the publications.
When emailing your announcement, please include the following:
- A short paragraph describing the announcement or event
- A contact person for the announcement or event, including the person’s email and phone number
- Fliers must include the UNO logo and diversity statement
- Photos and fliers will be used at the discretion of the Internal Communications Coordinator
- If no photo is included, the Internal Communications Coordinator will choose a photo from PhotoShelter
- To ensure your materials meet UNO brand standards, email email@example.com
How do items run?
The Maverick Daily
Because this publications is emailed on a daily basis, it is important for content to remain fresh. The following rotation schedule has been established to ensure fair and equal promotion of all items and to encourage readership:
- Announcements will first run in the ‘New’ section of the Maverick Daily. The announcement will move to the ‘Campus Notices’ section until the week of the event. During the week of the event, the announcement will run in the ‘This Week’ section, followed by the ‘Today’ section on the day of the event.
The items in the Bullseye are selected each week by an editorial team. The links to more feature stories, news, and events ensure that all announcements submitted to the Bullseye are visible on the website.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Maverick Daily or the Bullseye, please contact the Internal Communications Coordinator in the Office of University Communications.
What are my other options for informing campus of my announcement or event?
Promotion of your announcement or event is important to its success and we encourage using multiple ways to communicate about your event. Here are a few ways to let campus know about your event or announcement:
- UNO News Center
- Digital monument signs
- UNO official social media channels
- UNO college/department/organization social media channels
- College/building TV monitors
- Verbal announcements at group meetings