Clive Form Tool
What is Clive?
Clive is a form builder tool which allows Cascade CMS users to create custom web forms to embed on their Cascade-powered pages within minutes. It allows CMS users to collect contact information from site visitors to complete instances such as newsletter signups or event registrations. Clive will submit form submissions to an email – it is not intended to serve the purpose of a customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
Is Clive subject to UNO privacy policies?
Yes, it is important for unit forms to remember the policies in place to protect the privacy of users. Do not post confidential or proprietary information about UNO, or UNO employees, students, staff, or alumni that would violate such persons’ rights to privacy under applicable federal and state laws and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and university policies.
How do I get started?
It’s fairly simple.
Gather the information you’ll need to setup your form:
- Goal of the form (event registration, newsletter sign-up, etc.)
- Intended audience (students, faculty, staff, community, etc)
- Location of form when published (web page, email, social, etc.)
- Questions to be asked in the form (name, email, address, etc.) Be cautious of collecting only information that will actually be used, for example, if there are no plans to mail out information to site visitors then consider not asking for a physical address
- Types of fields for each question (Name=text, Pick an option=dropdown, etc)
- If you’re not sure, we can help you. Just give us as much information as you have.
- A communication plan to distribute the form
- An email address for response notifications
Complete a Start Your Project request and University Communications will assist in creating the form and placing on your website. Currently, we have a limited number of users who can be added to the tool, so access to Clive may not be nessicary to have a Clive form.
Forms created in Clive are intended for embedding on unomaha.edu sites only.
Current examples of Clive forms in use:
• Maverick in the Making
• UNO Digital Learning Course Design Review