Mav Kids Summer Day Camp
Registration is full. Join the waitlist here.
- A Safe Program – This is the most important consideration when designing and conducting a camp for children. Safety considerations run through all aspects of the camp structure. Safety is a major criterion when camp decisions are made.
- A Productive Program – UNO wants to provide a camp that has purpose and is a productive use of time. The camp will provide children with opportunities to learn. Structure helps assure that the camp is organized and it provides a framework in which to implement our educational activities.
- A Fun Experience – Camp should be a fun place for children to engage in educational, recreational and physical activities. UNO strives to provide activities that children of elementary school age will thoroughly enjoy.
- For children 1st grade through 6th grade.
- Must have completed Kindergarten to be eligible
- Weekdays in June/July.
- No sessions during week of Independence Day
$40 deposit is required for each child per session. Deposits are non-refundable. This deposit is applied to the total cost of the session(s).
- 80 total slots available
Camp Theme and Schedule
Seven Modes of Transportation
|June 5-9||FULL||Animal||$165||This week we will explore the different ways in which animals have played a pivotal role in transporting goods and materials around the world. The tentative fieldtrip for this week will be a trip to the Nebraska Wildlife Safari in Ashland.|
|June 12-16||FULL||Road||$168||This week in camp we will go on an expedition to uncover the evolution of road transportation vehicles. The campers will enjoy unlimited go-kart rides and other attractions at the Amazing Pizza Machine for this week’s fieldtrip.|
|June 19-23||FULL||Space||$172||Ever wonder what it is like to travel through outer space? Come to camp and learn about the different ways! For the first time ever, campers will be heading to the Science Center of Iowa in Des Moines to discover out-of-this world space science.|
|June 26-30||FULL||Human||$168||Imagine a time when the only way to get from place to place was to walk. This week in camp we will learn about the different modes of human transportation. Cap off the week with a scavenger hunt on foot at the Henry Doorly Zoo!|
|July 3-7||NO CAMP SESSION. BREAK FOR HOLIDAY.|
|July 10-14||FULL||Rail||$165||Keep your train of thought on track by learning about the different types of rail transportation. We will take a field trip to discover how people used trains, not only to transport goods, but also themselves.|
|July 17-21||FULL||Air||$165||Fly through a week of camp seeking to uncover the different forms of air transportation. Let us sweep you away to the SAC Museum to experience multiple hands-on activities that enhance your knowledge of air transit.|
|July 24-28||FULL||Water||$165||Dive into this week of camp! We will dip into how water has served as an aid for transportation. To top off the last week of camp, we will enjoy a fieldtrip to Fun Plex!|