Mav Kids Summer Day Camp
Registration will begin Monday, February 12, 2018 at 8:30am.
- A Safe Program – This is the most important consideration when designing and conducting a camp for children. Safety considerations run through all aspects of the camp structure. Safety is a major criterion when camp decisions are made.
- A Productive Program – UNO wants to provide a camp that has purpose and is a productive use of time. The camp will provide children with opportunities to learn. Structure helps assure that the camp is organized and it provides a framework in which to implement our educational activities.
- A Fun Experience – Camp should be a fun place for children to engage in educational, recreational and physical activities. UNO strives to provide activities that children of elementary school age will thoroughly enjoy.
Mav Kids Staff
These college students work hard to make sure your child's summer is safe and enjoyable. Both highly motivated and energetic people, the counselors attend a week long training orientation to ensure a high quality staff and supervision. All counselors are CPR and first aid certified and certified lifeguards will be on deck for all pool activities.
All participants will need to bring their own lunch every day. Water and snacks will be provided throughout the day. The majority of the activities will take place in the Health & Kinesiology (H&K) building, the Milo Bail Student Center, the surrounding UNO campus, Memorial Park, and Elmwood Park. **Swimming activities will not be available the first two weeks of camp due to maintenance.**
- For children 1st grade through 6th grade.
- Must have completed Kindergarten to be eligible
- Weekdays in June/July.
- No sessions during week of Independence Day (July 2-6)
$40 deposit is required for each child per session. Deposits are non-refundable. This deposit is applied to the total cost of the session(s).
- 80 total slots available
Camp Theme: Exploring the Dimensions of Wellness (tentative fieldtrip)
- June 4-8 - Physical Wellness (Henry Doorly Zoo) - SESSION FULL
- June 11-15 - Environmental Wellness (Arbor Day Farms) - SESSION FULL
- June 18-22 - Intellectual Wellness (Durham Heritage Museum) - SESSION FULL
- June 25-29 - Emotional/Spiritual Wellness (Rose Theatre) - SESSION FULL
- July 9-13 - Occupational Wellness (TBD) - SESSION FULL
- July 16-20 - Financial Wellness (Amazing Pizza Machine) - SESSION FULL
- July 23-27 - Social Wellness (Fun-Plex) - SESSION FULL
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.