Drop In Rec at Baxter Arena
The following activities are free to UNO students during valid times.
Ice skates are available to rent at Baxter Arena for free or you can bring your own. A sponsored guest is allowed for a $5 fee and they can rent skates for $3. (Community ice is not open to general public during these times)
Hockey access will require your MavCARD and a printed copy ofyour Campus Recreation hockey pass.The semester hockey pass can bepurchased at the Guest Services desk or Shop Wellness. No guests permitted.
|Mondays||9:30 P.M. — 11:30 P.M.|
Hockey Rules and Regulations
- Must provide own equipment
- Helmets required
- No checking
- Equipment storage not available
- Gloves/shin pads suggested
- No slapshots unless unabated to the goalie
- Officiate yourselves
- If you fight, you leave. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Schedule is subject to change based on Baxter Arena availability. View the rules and regulations for Baxter Arena.
Martial Arts Academy
Every Tuesday & Thursday
7:00 P.M. — 8:30 P.M.
124 HPER Combat Room
FREE first session
|UNO Student or Campus Rec Member||$40|
- Technical (Floor Drills) - Focuses on perfecting kicking and blocking technique. About 3/4 of class time dedicated to floor drills
- Paddle & Heavy Bag Drills - Focus on roundhouse, side kick and crescent kick. Basic and advanced levels
- Forms - Done with upper ranks to get ready for testing
- Sparring - Portion of each workout dedicated to spartting. Work on leg exercises using all kicking techniques
- Each student must have uniform & basic sparring gear
- Class is structured for adult participants
- Pre-registration required at reception desk
Kent Templien - 3rd Dan Hapkido, 2nd Dan Judo, Taekwondo, UNO HPER Adjunct Faculty
Neal Hakenson - 3rd Dan Taekwondo, Kukkiwon Certified, UNO HPER Adjunct Faculty
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.