Job Performance Averages (JPAs)
Team Maverick uses JPAs to provide performance evaluations for student employees. JPAs are specific to both the department you work for and the position you hold within that department. With the support of your supervisor, use the JPA to understand the expectations for your position in Team Maverick.
Elements of the JPA
- Team Maverick employees are eligible for continued employment based on their JPA scores.
- Team Maverick employees must maintain a cumulative JPA of 2.50 or above to remain on staff the following semester.
Team Maverick employees who experience a JPA rating below 2.50 will have a two week period to improve their performance, at which time they will be reevaluated. Employees with a second JPA below 2.50 are not eligible for continued employment.
Team Maverick employees will have their JPA assessed at least once per semester, by their supervisor.
- Team Maverick employees will receive a copy of their JPA and are encouraged to discuss the results with their area supervisor.
All JPA related issues should be discussed in a timely manner (1-3 business days) with your supervisor.
- Employees with multiple positions across multiple areas in Team Maverick are also evaluated within those roles. These evaluations are calculated independently.
- Goal setting is an important part of the performance review process. Once you’ve had a chance to reflect on your performance in your position over the course of the semester, and discuss your areas of strength and growth with your supervisor, it’s time to set goals.
- Looking specifically at the areas of growth you and your supervisor identified, you should begin crafting SMART goals. Goals can help you learn new skills, accomplish tasks, or change your attitude. Whatever you identify as an area of growth during your JPAs can inform a SMART goal.