Co-Curricular Learning Outcomes
Civic and Social Responsibility
The ability of students to recognize and identify civic, social, and empathic values along with skills that empower individuals to make meaningful contributions with local and global communities. Civic and Social Responsibility is demonstrated by the abilities to:
- Identify and address the needs of the community collaboratively to facilitate positive social change.
- Understanding that serving one’s community is essential in creating and maintaining a thriving community
- Analyze and understand the complex interconnections between local and global communities
The ability of students to express and interpret concrete and abstract information in a variety of ways to effectively convey ideas. Communication Skills are demonstrated by the abilities to:
- Listen attentively to others and respond appropriately
- Adapt your style to the occasion, task, and audience
- Articulate ideas in various formats including oral, written, nonverbal, visual, and electronic
Critical and Creative Thinking
The ability of students to engage in a process of disciplined thinking that interprets and informs idea generation, beliefs, and actions. Critical and creative thinking is demonstrated by the abilities to:
- Use complex information from a variety of sources including personal experiences and observation (i.e. information, concepts, ideas) to draw logical conclusions and form a decision or opinion
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and effectively manage ambiguous ideas, experiences and situations
- Generate innovations through experimentation with novel ideas, forms, and methods
The ability of students to integrate and celebrate human differences through interaction, scholarship, and active participation to achieve a more inclusive and equitable community. Intercultural competency is demonstrated by the ability to:
- Understand that there is an inequitable distribution of social power within society, resulting in advantages for some and disadvantages for others.
- Suspends judgment and values interactions with individuals different than oneself.
- Recognize and analyze the interconnections between individuals and society as well as how individual actions have an impact on others.
The ability of students to identify, navigate, and sustain complex relationships with other individuals and entities across society. Interpersonal skills are demonstrated by the ability to:
- Actively consider others to build connections, establish values, or accomplish shared goals
- Utilizing others’ ideas, strengths, knowledge, and abilities to foster an inclusive environment
- Develop and sustain healthy and meaningful relationships with others
The ability of students to engage in responsible leadership that allows all individuals to inspire and promote change collectively towards a shared vision or goal. Leadership is demonstrated by the ability to:
- Recognize their strengths and those of others to work towards a shared vision.
- Navigate and affect change from anywhere within an organization.
- Empower others through a collaborative process and distribution of responsibility.
The ability of students to articulate one’s values, beliefs, strengths, challenges, and personal responsibility for their decisions and actions. Self-awareness is demonstrated by the ability to:
- Realistically appraise and understand one’s self to engage in more authentic and productive behavior.
- Act in alignment with one’s own values to contribute to one’s life-long growth and learning.
- Respond resiliently to adversity and life challenges in a flexible and healthy manner.
The ability of students to apply concepts of sustainability by engaging in the challenges and solutions of one’s social, economic, and environmental impact on the planet. Sustainability is demonstrated by the ability to:
- Gain, process, and act upon knowledge regarding the effects of individual, community, national, and international level choices on ecosystems and people.
- Utilize knowledge of the dimensions of sustainability to understand the consequences of individual and group actions.
- Utilize knowledge of the dimensions of sustainability to change their daily habits and consumer mentality.