The Office of Military and Veteran Services
The UNO Advantage
• Military-affiliated students, including veterans, active duty, National Guard, Reserve, and military dependents, have a waived application fee to their program.
• The enrollment deposit is waived for GI Bill users.
• A military tuition rate reduces the amount of online tuition costs for resident students, putting the online rate at the $250 tuition assistance cap.
• Military-affiliated students have priority enrollment and are able to enroll in advance of their academic class after their first semester. See more on enrollment dates here.
• The Military Alumni Group keeps graduates connected and provides networking opportunities for current military-affiliated students.
• full-service computer lounge including free printing, scanning, and faxing
• coffee bar
• quiet study area
Office Services• advising on and processing of all veterans’ benefits
• advice on and process all veterans’ benefits
• active duty and Guard/Reserve tuition assistance
• faculty advisors to the Student Veteran Organization
• one-stop office for any and all questions about UNO
• ensure a smooth administration of benefits and education
Our office also employs a full-time VA employee, who is available as a member of the VA’s Vet Success on Campus program. They can assist with all aspects of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, from compensation and pension, disability claims, Vocational Rehabilitation, and access to the VA Omaha hospital or other community resources.
Military and Veteran Student Trained Staff & Faculty
The Office of Military and Veteran Services trains UNO faculty and staff every semester on the unique learning situations of military and veteran students. This training has familiarized faculty and staff with common military terms and the paperwork you may submit when working with the University in applying for benefits, which can be very helpful when working with your advisor.
Best for Vets
UNO has been recognized as having excellent support for our military and veteran students. But what does this mean? Check out the ways we’ve been recognized and why were were awarded these badges.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.