- Access to one-on-one academic and career coaching
- Access to scholarships only available to Success Academy students
- Support from a Peer Mentor
- Guaranteed enrollment in high demand general education classes
- Priority placement in required English courses
- Access to program office with study space, lounge space, computers and free printing
- Opportunity to interact and network with other students
- Financial Aid Support
- Connect with campus resources and departments
- Academic skills enrichment including time management, organization, and success strategies
Success Academy staff are available to meet with students in a one-on-one setting at any time. We provide support on a wide range of topics including:
- Time management and study skills
- identifying areas of strengths and assessing opportunities for improvement
- setting academic and career goals
- Discussing class schedules and registration information
- Talking through UNO's academic program options and the process of selecting a major
- Discussing career options within various fields
- Making connections with UNO's campus resources
Log on to MavTRACK to schedule an appointment with any of the Success Academy staff!
As a Success Academy student, you are eligible to receive a scholarship of up to $2000! Any Success Academy student can earn the scholarship, which is awarded based on your participation and individual achievement in your classes.
Each Success Academy student is assigned a Peer Mentor. Your Peer Mentor is available to answer questions about the Success Academy, UNO classes, campus resources, opportunities to get involved in activities and events, and more. Your Peer Mentor will reach out to you regularly throughout the semester, and will also set up a one-on-one meeting to talk more about your UNO experience.
First-year Success Academy students have the opportunity to enroll in reserved seats in a variety of general education classes at UNO. Click here for more information about the required first-year classes for Success Academy students.
Success Academy has a limited number of seats reserved in key English classes. In order to enroll in an English class, you must first complete your EPPE (English Placement & Proficiency Exam).
The Success Academy program office, currently in the Hayden House, has plans to relocate to the Milo Bail Student Center in August 2019. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. As a Success Academy student, you have free access to computers (desktop as well as laptop rentals), free printing, study space, and lounge space to hang out between classes. We also have a conference room that is available for small group projects or meetings. We are located near the Student Involvement office, Multicultural Affairs, the UNO Bookstore, and Food Court.
There are over 200 students in the Success Academy! As as student in the program, you'll have the opportunity to make many connections through classes, as well as activities and events. Feel free to stop by the program office anytime, and check out our calendar of events to learn more about our workshop series and other fun events to meet students and staff such as Treat 'Yo-self Tuesdays and Wellness Wednesdays!
In addition to our Success Academy scholarship, our staff is available to meet one-on-one to discuss the finacial aid process and other UNO scholarship opportunities. We also have emergency funds available to help support SA students in a variety of situations. If you have questions or if you feel you are a candidate to receive emergency funds, please set up a meeting via MavTRACK so we can discuss it with you.
UNO has a wide range of campus resources and departments that can support you during your time as a student and beyond. We can help you identify and get connected with these resources. Schedule a meeting with us today to learn more about what UNO offers!
In addition to being able to meet with us one-on-one for support, Success Academy offers a workshop series each semester that focuses on developing skills related to being a successful student. We hope you'll attend! You can view the workshop schedules on our calendar of events page. There is no need to rsvp to these events. Feel free to show up and bring a friend! We hope to see you there!
Program Learning Outcomes
As a result of participating in the Success Academy, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate self-efficacy and self-advocacy by making use of university resources
- Identify strategies to find balance and success in their transition to college
- Establish meaningful connections with faculty, other students, and the UNO campus
- Define educational goals and a plan for student success