In-Person & Virtual Career Fair Schedule
Uncertain times require a different approach to career fairs. Below are some of the changes made to the UNO career fair line-up for Fall 2021.
- Fall fairs will be a mix of in-person and virtual (using Handshake's new virtual fair platform). Students will be able to interact one-to-one with employers as well as in group sessions in tis virtual format.
- Fairs will be scattered throughout the semester to accommodate changing employer hiring needs and busy student schedules.
- Upon registration approval for a virtual fair, please set your career fair schedule to include group sessions and 1:1 meetings. We highly encourage a mix of both as well as NOT limiting your interactions to select majors.
|August 26, 2021||
VIRTUAL On-Campus Student Employment and Part-Time Local Jobs Fair
2PM - 4PM via Handshake
|September 13, 2021||
IN-PERSON IS&T's IT Career & Internship Fair
10AM - 3PM in the PKI Atrium
|September 14, 2021||
IN-PERSON CBA Career & Internship Fair
11AM - 2PM in the Mammel Hall Atrium
|September 15, 2021||
VIRTUAL CBA Career & Internship Fair
1PM - 4PM via Handshake
|October 11, 2021||
IN-PERSON UNO All Majors Career & Internship Fair
1PM - 4PM in the Scott Conference Center
|November 4, 2021||
VIRTUAL UNO All Majors Career & Internship Fair
11AM - 2PM via Handshake
Overview of Virtual Fairs & Support
ACDC will be using Handshake's virtual career fair platform to host all fairs this fall.
At a Handshake virtual career fair, students can learn about employers and share their profile in intimate group sessions or get 1:1 facetime with recruiters—all from their browser or Handshake’s mobile app. Each employer will be able to schedule the following during each virtual career fair:
- Five 30-minute group meetings that accommodate up to 100 students each. Multiple recruiters can attend, talk with students, and share their screen.
- 10-minute 1:1 meetings with students hosted by up to 15 recruiters. Each recruiter can set their own schedule and choose qualifications students must meet to attend.
Employers will be able to see profiles and public resumes, as well as message the students they engage at the fair, making it easy to prepare for and follow up on all of their sessions. You can read more about the employer scheduling process here.
Students and employers will have access to video, audio, and text-based chat during these meetings, enabling the personal connection of in-person fairs in a virtual, accessible setting.
Support and Logistics for Employers
For technical support DURING the career fair, click HERE
Event Contact Information
Academic & Career Development Center
Main Line: 402-554-3672
ACDC reserves the right to prohibit future fair attendance and job postings to Handshake if failure to attend the virtual fair or last minute cancellation occurs. Last minute cancellations include dropping out 7 days prior to the event date.