Handshake to replace UNO Career Connect
UNO Career Connect - our online job and internship board - is in the process of converting to the Handshake platform this summer. This is an exciting transition that will further connect students and alumni to meaningful work. Some of the biggest improvements you will find when using Handshake include:
- An easy to use, intuitive interface, with a clean, modern, and simple design - making it easy to navigate and use.
- Powerful search tools that offer you the ability to pinpoint and build candidate pools quickly and easily
- Built in communication tools that allow you to message our students directly
- Added data points that allow you to send communication to the right students at the right time in their academic careers
Key Dates: Employer launch: Join Handshake today | Student launch: June 26, 2018
What this means to employers?
- Employers will still have access to UNO Career Connect through June 30, 2018. Keep posting there should you be looking to employ UNO students and alumni for jobs and/or internships.
- Employer access to UNO Career Connect will shut down on June 30, 2018. At that time, UNO Career Connect will no longer be available and you will no longer be able to retrieve any information (i.e., job postings, resumes, applications, etc.) or documents from the system. Please plan accordingly and prepare to re-post any position to Handshake where the recruitment window will extend past June 30.
- On July 1, 2018, Handshake will be the sole recruiting system used at UNO.
Handshake Hints & Training
Handshake provides free access to a variety of on-line resources and help tutorials.
Looking to hire UNO students? We recommend that you create an account on UNO Career Connect, UNO’s online recruiting database. Once your UNO Career Connect account is activated, you will be able post available positions. Please note that UNO Career Connect will no longer be accessible starting June 30, 2018. See transition note above for further details.
- August 29, 2018 | Part-Time Job & Volunteer Fair, Weitz Community Engagement Center
- September 19, 2018 | IT Career Fair, Peter Kiewit Institute
- September 20, 2018 | UNO Campus-Wide Career & Internship Fair, Scott Conference Center
- October 2, 2018 | Durham School Career Fair, Scott Conference Center
Our Partnership Programs offer many different benefits. Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year is open. To learn more about becoming a partner organization and how to better enhance your visibility and brand across campus, please contact Joe Hayes
Thank you to our 2017-2018 Employer & Community Partners!
The UNO Academic & Career Development Center (ACDC) acknowledges our Employer and Community Partners for their commitment to assisting UNO students and alumni.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.