Handshake replaces UNO Career Connect
Looking to hire UNO students? Introducing our new online job and internship board - Handshake. We recommend that you create an account on Handshake and connect with UNO. Once your Handshake account is approved, you will be able to post available positions as well as request on-campus interview space.
The transition to Handshake is an exciting step that will further connect students and alumni to meaningful work. Some of the biggest improvements you will find when using Handshake include:
- An easy to use, intuitive interface, with a clean, modern, and simple design - making it easy to navigate and use.
- Powerful search tools that offer you the ability to pinpoint and build candidate pools quickly and easily
- Built in communication tools that allow you to message our students directly
- Added data points that allow you to send communication to the right students at the right time in their academic careers
Handshake Hints & Training
Handshake provides free access to a variety of on-line resources and help tutorials through Handshake's online training website. In addition, you can submit a Handshake trouble ticket or schedule a call with Handshake. Relevant resources include:
- 2-minute how-to videos
- Getting started with Handshake
- How to add a school on Handshake
- How to post a job on Handshake
- How to request an event (i.e., information table, session, promote your own event)
- How to conduct on campus interviews
- How to search for students and download public resumes
- About having low applicant responses
- UNO Recruiting Policies
- Reported Median Wages
- DACA Guidance for Employers
- Internship Program Best Practices
Notice on UNO Career Connect
UNO Career Connect, our previous job and internship board, was permanently shut down on June 30, 2018. Prior information, including job postings, resumes and applications are unable to be retrieved. Effective July 1, 2018, Handshake is the sole recruiting system used at UNO.
Spring 2019 Career Fairs
February 20, 2019, College of Education Job Fair, Thompson Alumni Center
February 27, 2019, UNO Spring Career and Internship Fair (All Majors), Baxter Arena
|March 7, 2019, College of Business Administration Career and Internship Fair
* Registration open
April 11, 2019, Summer Opportunities Fair
Our Partnership Programs offer many different benefits. Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year is open. To learn more about becoming a partner organization and how to better enhance your visibility and brand across campus, please contact Joe Hayes
Thank you to our 2018-2019 Employer & Community Partners!
The UNO Academic & Career Development Center (ACDC) acknowledges our Employer and Community Partners for their commitment to assisting UNO students and alumni.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.