Southeast Community College (SCC) Institution Wide General Education Agreement
Associate of Arts Degree
Effective Summer 2016, students transferring from Southeast Community College (SCC) having completed the SCC Associate in Arts (AA) curriculum requirements established in the 2003-2004 through 2018-2019 SCC Catalogs will have fulfilled the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) general education requirements applicable to all UNO degree programs. This provision does not apply to Associate of Science degrees.
The following conditions should be noted:
- The student must have been awarded the Associate of Arts (AA) degree.
- If the student transfers before completing the AA degree at SCC, any transfer of credit will be subject to the standard course-by-course evaluation criteria (e.g., grades of D or lower will not be accepted for transfer credit; courses without a one-to-one equivalent with an approved UNO general education course will be evaluated individually for possible credit).
- If a student completes the AA degree at SCC while attending UNO, the student's transfer credit will be reevaluated in order to recognize their degree completion in accordance with this agreement.
- The student will be subject to all course prerequisite requirements stated in the UNO Undergraduate Catalog. Students must meet the minimum grade requirements for prerequisite courses as established by the student's college.
- The student will be subject to all other current graduation requirements in the student's college, department, major, minor, and/or certificate program as stated in the UNO Undergraduate Catalog (e.g. those pertaining to the minimum number of semester hours required for the degree, standards of progress, upper-division progress, upper-division hours, and hours in residence).
- The student will receive lower division credit for all SCC transferable credits (up to 64 semester hours).
- Each UNO degree requires a unique, advanced writing course or set of courses to complete the UNO general education curriculum. Because the course(s) that fulfill this requirement are tailored to each degree and vary by degree, this requirement is not fulfilled by this agreement.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.