Leader in Online Education
Here at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, we understand how important online learning is for all of our students, especially during such an unprecedented year that has come to rely so heavily on web-based education. We are proud to have been a leader in the online learning field long before much of higher education’s shift to a virtual space.
The U.S. News & World Report has recognized UNO for our online programs as being among the best in the nation. The Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice and the Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies have received special recognition for being nationally ranked among comparable programs, after being scored based on categories such as engagement, faculty credentials and training, expert opinions, and student excellence.
Take a look at the rankings for 2018, 2019, 2020, and now 2021. There is always more work to do, which is why we don’t plan to stop there; we are committed to making online learning a priority at UNO and are constantly striving to provide access to exceptional online education to our students who choose to learn with us all over the world.
Learn more about UNO's Facts and Figures and a few highlights below:
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs 2020
- School of Criminology and Criminal Justice (#1)
- Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies (#49)
- Ranked by Military Times as the No. 3 best four-year public institutions for Military Friendliness (2020)
- Ranked by Military Times as the No. 2 Best Cybersecurity Program (2017, 2018)
- Ranked 10th on Military Times Best for Vets: Colleges 2019 four-year institution rankings
- Recognized by Best Colleges as the most LGBTQIA2S+ friendly institution in the state (2018 & 2020)