Responsibilities of Project Director:
- Notify SPR of your proposal submission plans and any pertinent deadlines.
- Notify your chair/director and dean of your planned proposal submission. Request their direction regarding your units' requirements and timeline for ensuring their MavGrants approvals prior to proposal submission.
- If appropriate, discuss your proposal with the sponsor's Program Administrator prior to submission.
- Provide SPR with links to sponsor guidance and work with SPR in the development of your proposal budget.
- Enter proposal information into the MavGrants system. (MavGrants is UNO’s secure web-based electronic routing and approval system developed to help UNO faculty, staff, and administrators prepare, review, and approve proposals prior to submission). Complete the appropriate online forms and upload the required documents into MavGrants.
- Remind your other named senior/key personnel that they and their chairs/directors and deans will need to approve the MavGrants proposal in order for it to route through the respective campus units prior to submission. MavGrants routing has been established for the departments/schools and colleges and other non-academic units.
- To guarantee your proposal will be submitted on time, MavGrants routing and approvals should be completed at least 5 working days prior to sponsor deadline.
Responsibilities of SPR:
- Review the sponsor guidelines and discuss any questions or potential concerns with project director and review for eligibility, submission requirements, cost-share requirements, allowability of F&A, etc.
- Work with project director to prepare the official project budget.
- Manage administrative requirements of proposal, i.e., compliance, certifications/assurances, institutional information, etc.
- When appropriate, contact collaborating institutions to provide or obtain required subaward documentation.
- Review final proposals to ensure compliance with sponsor and university guidelines.
- Submit final proposals on behalf of the Board of Regents.