Sponsored Programs and Research
Services Provided by SPR
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in identifying potential funding opportunities
- Support project directors in all stages of proposal development, in particular, prepare the official project budget
- Review proposals prior to submission to ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies, government regulations, and state laws
- Approve and submit official proposal to external sponsors as authorized by the University
- Negotiate and accept awards from external sponsors on behalf of the University
- Authorize Grants Accounting to establish the grant/contract account providing access to awarded funds
- Negotiate and establish subrecipient agreements and assist in managing subawards
- Provide post-award, non-financial assistance in the management of awards
- Provide reports of proposal submissions and grant/contract awards
- Provide ongoing, campus-wide training and guidance for staff and administrators through monthly GIG (“Grant Improvement Group”) meetings
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.