Identifying Funding Opportunities
SPR subscribes to Grant Forward, which is provided to UNO faculty, staff, and students at your desktop. Grant Forward, formerly IRIS, is a funding opportunity search tool focusing on improving the inventory of foundation, federal, and other funding sources while providing an intuitive, powerful search and flexible management experience.
The Funding Opportunity Search function allows users to:
- Search for funding opportunities spread across 39 subject areas and 2,009 categories
- Review its large database of sponsors comprising Foundation, Federal, and Institutions
- Set up alerts and get opportunities delivered straight to your inbox
Foundation Directory Online
An extensive resource for foundation giving is the Foundation Directory Online, a subscription service of the Foundation Center. New and updated grantmaker, company, and grant program information appears weekly. It provides access to more than 120,000 foundation and corporate donors, 3 million recent grants, and more than half a million key decision makers. With dozens of searchable fields, users can explore the grantmaker and grants database to find exactly the information needed to support your project.
SPR maintains a subscription to the Foundation Directory Online. To use Foundation Directory online, please contact us for an appointment.
The Grants.gov program management office was established in 2002, as a part of the President's Management Agenda. The office was chartered to deliver a system that provides a centralized location for grant seekers to find and apply for federal funding opportunities. Today, the Grants.gov system houses information on over 1,000 grant programs and vets grant applications for 26 federal grant-making agencies. This free public resource provides the following key benefits to the grant community:
- Centralizes more than 1,000 different grant programs across all 26 federal grant-making agencies awarding more than $500 billion annually
- Provides grant opportunity research with improved search capabilities from a simple key word search to advanced searches over numerous grant opportunity categories, including agency and grant category
- Sends grant opportunities directly to grant applicant desktops through custom search profiles, potential applicants can be notified via email or RSS feeds of future grant opportunities as they are posted by federal agencies