New Invention Notification Form
Instructions for completing the New Invention Notification (NIN)
- Complete instructions are clearly stated in the NIN
- Before beginning a NIN, please contact Traci Hancock, Director of Maverick Innovations (firstname.lastname@example.org), to alert her that a NIN is in process.
- Please complete all sections fully and to the best of your ability
- Please be sure to get ALL necessary signature, including your Chair and Dean, before sending the completed form to email@example.com, UNO Patent Administrator and Traci Hancock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Questions? Contact Traci Hancock (email@example.com)
Download the Invention Disclosure Form
- Completed NINs will be routed to the appropriate University of Nebraska Technology Transfer Office (TTO) as determined by the Office of Research and Creative Activity (ORCA) and assigned a Docket Number.
- NINs will be reviewed for
- IP Potential
- Commercial Potential
- Inventors MAY be contacted by UNO and/or TTO for further discussion/description.
- The NIN will be reviewed by the Science and Technology Advisory Committee (STAC) or other relevant group/committee of the assigned TTO.
- NIN Results will be sent directly to the Inventors following the review process; ORCA will also be notified.
- Next steps are determined by TTO and Inventor.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.