What is Maverick Innovations?
Maverick Innovations assists faculty, students, and staff with:
- Identifying commercialization pathways
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Understanding entrepreneurial opportunities
- Identifying and providing entrepreneurial educational opportunities
- Identifying resources for development and commercialization activities
- Guiding entrepreneurial endeavors
Maverick Innovations does not directly fund entrepreneurial activities.
Real World Experience
Traci Hancock is the Director of Maverick Innovations. She has worked with more than 300 technology startups from across the country through the National Science Foundation's Small Business Innovation Research Grant program and has worked to develop:
- Team building
- General company development
Traci's expertise and network will greatly enhance both UNO and the greater Nebraska innovation community.
Resources for Entrepreneurs
- Maverick Innovations recommends researching the Lean Startup Methodology. The Harvard Business Review has a great article explaining this methodology.
- SoHelpful is a site that connects entrepreneurs and startup experts from around the world for 30-minutes at a time to discuss issues they are facing.
- We provide community cohorts in conjunction with the Scott Technology Center, which aims to connect local entrpeneurs with the information they need to succeed.
- Maverick Startups is a for-credit course open to all students, that helps develop business ideas.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.