Submission and Award Acceptance
Our Office is here to assist you with all of your submissions and award acceptance needs. Below is a brief list of steps as to how our office assists you when applying for funding. Please note this list is not comprehensive and other services may be provided upon request.
- Identify Funding Opportunities
- Assist with proposal development, budget, and budget justification
- Ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines, University policies, and federal and state government regulations prior to submission
- Approve and submit proposals to sponsors as authorized by the University
- Negotiate and accept awards on behalf of the University
- Authorize Grants Accounting to establish the grant/contract account providing access to awarded funds.
*Please note, after accepting an award, the Grants Accounting team manages all post-award functions. ORCA may assist with rebudgeting, or the processing of new subawards, but all other post-award responsibilities transition to the Grants Accounting team at this step. Please review the non-financial assistance document for clarification.
- Negotiate and establish subrecipient agreements and assist in managing subawards
- Provide post-award, non-financial assistance in the management of awards
Faculty Research Committees and Awards
- University Committee on Research and Creative Activity (UCRCA) is to expand the capacity for research and creative activity at UNO.
- The ORCA Faculty Advisory Committee advocates for ORCA programs and shares information with faculty at the unit level.
- Award for Distinguished Research or Creative Activity (ADROCA), is presented to tenured, Graduate Faculty whose primary home department/school is at UNO.
New Faculty Research Orientation
The Office of Research and Creative Activity held a research orientation for recent faculty hires on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 3PM in the Milo Bail Student Center. Materials and handouts for the presentation are available below:
MavGrants Training Dates
Spring 2019 Training Dates are to be determined. Please contact ORCA to request a training.
Additional Faculty Resources
Other ORCA services are available upon request. These services may include scheduling MavGrants training sessions, running reports from MavGrants, and sharing your research story. Don't see what you're looking for? Contact our office for additional assistance.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.