Announcements and Events
Save the Dates: UNMC Faculty Mentoring Program Events
All events are from 12PM to 1PM in the Michael F. Sorrell Center, Room 2010 on the UNMC Campus
February 20 "Increasing Your Productivity with Manuscript Clusters"
March 15 "Mentoring for Rank Advancement"
April 11 "Becoming a Better Mentor"
May 17 "Key Components for Mentoring for Clinical & Behavioral Research
Applications Open: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Applications are now open for four of RWJF’s leadership development programs. These programs are helping build the leaders of tomorrow—leaders who share a commitment to ensuring everyone has the opportunity to live the healthiest life possible.
RWJF’s leadership development programs are designed to help you advance your leadership skills, and connect you with other innovators to advance big ideas and solutions.
- Culture of Health Leaders: for people from all sectors—from leaders in technology and business to architects and urban planners.
- Clinical Scholars: for clinicians from all disciplines, from occupational therapists and pharmacists to dentists and nurses.
- Health Policy Research Scholars: for second-year doctoral students from all fields of study—from economics and political science to epidemiology and behavioral science.
- Interdisciplinary Research Leaders: for researchers and community partners (e.g., organizers, advocates, leaders), particularly those working in rural health.
- Receive high-caliber curriculum and coaching from national leaders.
- Collaborate with other cutting-edge thinkers to create greater impact.
- Accelerate their ability to build healthy communities, inform public opinion and policy, and contribute significantly to building a Culture of Health.
- Receive funding to support their participation.
Participants work and learn from their home communities and would not need to relocate. Plus,the program is designed for people working or pursuing research full-time. Click here to explore the Program Finder.
Registration Open: SciComm 2018
A conference on effective scientific communication. March 23-25, 2018 in Lincoln, NE. Click here for more information about the conference and to register.
National Research Mentoring Network (NMRN) Coaching Groups
Application Deadline: May 8, 2018 at Midnight (CST)
MavGrants Training Dates
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.