Your SAC Leadership for 2019-2020 has been announced and we can't wait to continue the hard work that the leadership from last year and previous years have started. 2019-2020 is going to be an exciting year for us!
- President - Steven Summers
- President-Elect - Vanessa Hatfield-Reeker
- Vice President - Alex Zatizabal Boryca
- Director of Operations - Amy Skolaski
- Director of Finance - Sarah McGrath
- Director of Communications - Nikki Hecht
- Events Committee Chair - Melissa Eckstein
- Community Engagement Chair - Heike Langdon
- Strategic Planning Chair - Thomas Walker
- Professional Development Chair - Laura Sherwin
A HUGE welcome and congratulations to our fantastic new members who joined SAC in June. We are excited to work with you this year!
- Todd Anderson - Library Associate, Criss Library
- Tracie Anderson - Asst. Registrar/Athletic Certification, Registrar
- Mary Hoffman - Hoylman- Executive Support Associate, College IS&T
- Gloria Marchio - Staff Assistant, Political Science
- Geri Murphy - Office Manager, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Katie Sup Rezac - Assistant Director of Academic Advising, Division of Continuing Studies
- Shannon Teamer - Project Achieve Director, Project Achieve
- Thomas Walker - Business Analyst, Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Hanna Wanzenried Solberg - Academic Advisor, College of Education
- Keristiena Dodge - Project Specialist, Academic Affairs
Also a huge thank you to our departing SAC Members! Congratulations everyone and thank you again so much for your dedication to making UNO a better place.
- Beau Malnack
- Megan Nelson
- Katie Martikainen
- Melissa Boseman
Professional Development Fund
UNO is piloting a program over the next year for Professional Development. You spoke up on our survey about wanting more opportunities. We heard you and so did Chancellor Gold and President Bounds! Keep watching this space for updates. We are super excited to be leading the charge for professional development for our wonderful staff in the NU system.
Fall SAC and Faculty Senate Event (formerly the picnic) Coming October 1
Please note the date change! We want everyone to be able to attend. Watch this space for more details to come.
Nominate A Very Deserving Staff Member for UNO Employee of the Month
Those selected as Employee of the month will receive a certificate, lapel pin, hot/cold tumbler, portrait, monetary award, two tickets to a UNO sporting event and use of a designated parking space. You might also see members of the SAC Prize Patrol bringing treats for the office of the winner!
To nominate someone today, print and complete the nomination form and send it through campus mail to the Office of Human Resources, 205 EAB.
Next SAC Meeting
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
9 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
Criss Library, room 249
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.