- Apply and enroll full-time for Fall 2020
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be on file each year
- This scholarship is worth $1,000 each year, divided equally between the fall and spring semesters
- The Maverick in the Making Scholarship may be renewed for an additional three years, to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Renewal of this scholarship for each subsequent year is dependent upon the recipient maintaining full-time enrollment status and maintaining good Academic standing at UNO
- The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient withdraws from school or fails to register for consecutive semesters (excluding summer), unless an exception is granted because of extenuating circumstances.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with other tuition remission scholarships where the benefit exceeds the cost of tuition charges. This includes, but is not limited to, the Goodrich Scholarship Program, Urban Health Opportunities Program (UHOP), Employee and Dependent Scholarship Program, Regents Scholars and the Nebraska Veteran Dependent Waiver.
Disclaimer: The Maverick in the Making Scholarship is worth $1,000 each year, or $4,000 over a four-year undergraduate career. This scholarship is contingent on admission to UNO and full-time enrollment for Fall 2020. Renewal of this scholarship for each subsequent year is dependent upon the recipient maintaining full-time enrollment status and maintaining good Academic standing at UNO. Please refer to your scholarship notification letter and agreement for more details.