Each day during fall break, The Office of Civic & Social Responsibility will host a Signature Service Day. We welcome all people to join the UNO community to serve others.
Service projects will help the community at large, and those who participate can choose from a variety of service projects during check-in.
Please make sure to dress to get dirty and make a difference.
We will have free breakfast and lunch available to all volunteers! Check out our Facebook page for an updated list of our nonprofit partners. Don't forget Three Days of Service will offer a variety of volunteer opportunities on Oct. 14, 16, and 17.
For any questions, please call 402.554.4083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:30 A.M. - Check-In: sign up for a service project and eat breakfast
- 9:00 A.M. - Shuttle service provided from UNO to service project sites
- 9:30 A.M. - 1:00 PM - Serve at service project site
- 1:00 P.M. - Shuttle service provided from service project sites back to UNO
- 1:30 P.M. - Lunch at UNO
Not available the whole day? Stop in the Office of Civic & Social Responsibility (130 Weitz CEC) anytime during the day to complete a service project in the office.
Not available every day? Feel free to select which days you are available.
Themes and Partner Organizations
Saturday, Oct. 14 - Educational Support
- Boys and Girls Club of Carter Lake
- Catholic Charities
- College Possible
- Dundee Elementary Garden PTA
- Girls Inc. of Omaha
- Hope Center
- Lauritzen Gardens
- The Union for Contemporary Art
Monday, Oct. 16 - International Service
- Conservation Fusion
- inCOMMON Community Development
- Intercultural Senior Center
- Nebraska Chinese Association
- NorthStar/Omaha Outward Bound School
- Salvation Army North Corps
Tuesday, Oct. 17 - Economic Sufficiency
- Benson Plant Rescue
- Completely Kids
- Fontanelle Forest
- Food Bank for the Heartland
- Habitat for Humanity - Council Bluffs
- Habitat for Humanity - Omaha
- Heart Ministry Center
- New Visions Homeless Services
- No More Empty Pots
- Notre Dame Housing
- Open Door Mission
- Restored Hope
- Together, Inc.
UNO Students - Bring your MavCARD to sign in - your service will be logged on MavSYNC.
Community Members with K-12 children - please print this form and bring a completed copy to the service day
Groups - Are you a member of a group that is interested in serving together? We can sign-up your group (five or more) to ensure they volunteer at one site. Please email Skyler at email@example.com one week in advance to reserve a site for your group.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.