The University of Nebraska at Omaha has been actively monitoring the rapidly evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and providing regular updates to the UNO community as the situation changes.
In messaging to campus, UNO Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., reminded all Mavericks to remain vigilant in controlling the spread of COVID-19 on campus and in our community: "You have been successful in promoting tried and true health practices on our campus – such as mask-wearing, physical distancing, and hand-washing – and we ask that you continue to model that same commitment to wellbeing to your friends, family, and loved ones during the holiday break."
- Review these tips prepared by the UNO Office of Health Security
- From the CDC: "Celebrating Thanksgiving"
- From the CDC: "Holiday Celebrations and Small Gatherings"
Wednesday, November 25
University offices open, no classes in session. Some buildings and offices will have adjusted hours of operation, please see below.
Thursday, November 26 through Sunday, November 29
UNO is closed for Thanksgiving Vacation, but some buildings and office will be operational with adjusted hours on Sunday, Nov. 29. Please see below.
Parking and Shuttles
- No parking permits will be required in general use stalls on campus during the break.
- Pay to park lots A, C and M, will not require payment, but the time limit is still in place.
- Parking in reserved stalls, handicap stalls (unless displaying a valid Handicap Permit), motorcycle areas, visitor stalls, carpool stalls, compact stalls, electric vehicle stalls, drive aisles, resident Lot L and fire lanes is not allowed.
- Loading Zone time limit is enforced.
Shuttle Bus Service
- Nov. 25: Orange route and ADA only from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Nov 26 and 27: No shuttle service.
Building and Office Hours
Campus Recreation (Wellness Center)
- Wednesday, Nov. 25: 6 A.M. - 8 P.M.
- Thursday, Nov. 26: Closed
- Friday, Nov. 27: 10 A.M. - 6 P.M.
- Saturday, Nov. 28: 10 A.M. - 6 P.M.
- Sunday, Nov. 29: 10 A.M. - 10 P.M.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25: 7 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Thursday, Nov. 26: Closed
- Friday, Nov. 27: Closed
- Saturday, Nov. 28: Closed
- Sunday, Nov. 29: 12 P.M. - 9 P.M.
MavCARD Services will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27.
The Nebraska Medicine-UNO Health Center
The Nebraska Medicine UNO Health Center will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27.
If a student has an urgent concern while the health center is closed, they are encouraged to visit a Nebraska Medicine Immediate Care Clinic. Students are encouraged to contact their insurance companies to verify immediate care network participation, benefits, copays and deductibles specific to your plan before seeking care.
The UNO Bookstore will close at 4 P.M. on Wednesday, Nov. 25, and be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27.
Shop online - 24/7
Campus Food Operations
Food Services will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27.
Other Building Hours
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.