Are you graduating in December? If so, the Division of Student Success invites you to audition to become the student speaker at the Commencement Ceremony.
The Student Commencement Selection Committee has established the following preferred qualifications:
- The speaker must be comfortable speaking in front of a large audience.
- The speaker must be eligible for December 2019 graduation with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- The speaker must have completed their last 60 credit hours of enrollment at UNO.
- Candidates for Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees are encouraged to audition.
Prior to auditions, you are required to attend one of the following workshops hosted by the UNO Speech Center:
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 | 5 P.M. – 6 P.M. | MBSC 224
- Thursday, Oct. 24 | 2 P.M. – 3 P.M. | MBSC 222
At the workshop, you'll learn everything you need to know about being the Commencement student speaker.
An email to sign up for one of the two workshops will be sent to graduating students after the October 18th Degree Application deadline. Please be sure to submit your Degree Application through MavLINK by this date.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.