Are you graduating in May? If so, the Division of Student Success invites you to audition to become the student speaker at the May Commencement Ceremony!
The Student Commencement Selection Committee has established the following preferred qualifications:
- The speaker must be comfortable speaking in front of a large audience.
- The speaker must be eligible for May 2019 graduation with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- The speaker must have completed their last 60 credit hours of enrollment at UNO.
- Candidates for Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral degrees are encouraged to audition.
Prior to auditions, you are required to attend one of the following workshops hosted by the UNO Speech Center:
- Wednesday, March 6, 2 P.M. - 3 P.M. | MBSC 224
- Thursday, March 7, 5 P.M. - 6 P.M. | MBSC Dodge Room A
At the workshop, you'll learn everything you need to know about being the Commencement student speaker.
An email to sign up for one of the two workshops will be sent to graduating students that have submitted their Degree Application prior to the first workshop. Please be sure to submit your Degree Application through MavLINK.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.