Dr. Alecia Anderson will moderate this year’s Common Reader Experience speaker panel. Using Wes Moore’s bestselling memoir as a jumping off point, this diverse panel of speakers will answer questions pertaining to the themes of the book, The Other Wes Moore, this year’s common reader text. Some themes that will be explored by this dynamic panel are choice and chance, race and class, and settling versus striving.
- Emmanuel Malesh, a recent UNO graduate who majored in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Cornelius Levering, a senior and Susan T. Buffett Scholarship recipient at UNO who is majoring in Public Relations and Advertising.
- Colonel (COL) David Wills, U.S. Army, is assigned as the Deputy Director for Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Systems, U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM). He is responsible for providing and assuring global-integrated C4 systems capabilities for the full spectrum of assigned missions.
- Teresa Negron recently retired from a 33-year career in law enforcement, which included 4 years as spokesperson for Omaha Police Dept. and 12 years in the homicide unit as a detective, field sergeant and cold case sergeant.
- Stancia Jenkins is the NU Associate to the President and Assistant Vice President for Diversity, Access, and Inclusion.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.