On Friday, May 5, the UNO community will welcome more than 12,000 guests to campus as we celebrate the accomplishments of our newest graduates at Baxter Arena. The Commencement Committee needs your help – whether you can pick up a volunteer shift or pass this information along to your colleagues or fellow students, your efforts will help ensure this universitywide celebration is a success.
- • Students, faculty, and staff are all welcome to volunteer.
- • You will receive a detailed email before the event, which will provide you with information such as your job description and where to go when you arrive.
- • There will be scheduled breaks during your shift.
- • If you can’t volunteer the day of Commencement, we have two other days when we’ll need volunteers to help us prepare for the event. We are also looking for volunteers on Tuesday, May 2, and Thursday, May 4.
- • Note: If you work for a college and have already been asked to staff the lineup room, please coordinate with your college representative. You do not need to volunteer through MavSYNC.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.