The Social Equity Leadership Conference (SELC) is hosting a joint meeting with the Midwest Public Affairs Conference and the Teaching Public Administration Conference. This event will be held at the University of Nebraska Omaha, Wednesday, May 31 – Friday, June 2.
Participants can attend and present at all three conferences for only $150 (only $75 for students). Details for all three events are available online.
Program highlights include:
- Distinguished scholar, Rosemary O'Leary, is our keynote speaker, and will discuss her important work on the ethics of dissent in government.
- We are pleased to host a gathering of Academic Women in Public Administration.
- The Local Governance Symposium will return for its third year, selected works will appear in our open-access publication, the Journal of Public and Nonprofit Affairs.
- Skill workshops include training on program evaluation, and social media network analysis.
- Workshops for PhD students include academic contract negotiation, building an online brand, and our annual doctoral student roundtable.
- Receptions include an informal evening reception on Wednesday, May 31 for early arrivals, a combined social at the Brickway Brewery & Distillery in Downtown Omaha on Thursday, June 1, and a performance of the UNO Jazz Band over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres on the evening of Friday, June 2.
We look forward to hosting you for this stellar conference, right at home!