The NGO/Nonprofit Response to the Refugee Crisis
The world is facing an unprecedented global migration crisis According to the UNHCR, the number of forcibly displaced people worldwide reached the highest level since World War II. Join us to hear brief presentations and discussion about the role nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations play in refugee crisis response and resettlement, especially in the context of rapidly changing immigration policies in the U.S. and abroad. View the event flier for details.
Thursday, April 13, 2017 | 6:00 – 7:30 P.M.
MBSC Gallery Room, or via online meeting (instructions below)
- Emily Yoshimoto, volunteer, Lighthouse Relief, Lesvos Island, Greece
- Amelia Rosser, interim assistant director, Refugee Empowerment Center
- Dekow Sagar, coordinator, International Center of the Heartland
- Christa Yoakum, Nebraska Is Home coordinator, Immigrants & Communities Program, Nebraska Appleseed
Hans M. Louis-Charles, assistant professor, UNO School of Public Administration, Emergency Services Program
For more information, please contact Angela Eikenberry at email@example.com
To join online via Zoom:
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android
- iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,5654279639# or +16465588656,5654279639#
- Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
International numbers available
Meeting ID: 565 427 9639