Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, the University of Nebraska’s standard mileage rate for the use of a personal car will be 29 cents per mile, up 4 cents from the rate in 2019.
The standard mileage rate is based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating a university fleet automobile. The 2020 rate was calculated as shown below:
- Enterprise standard size sedan rental with tax - $39.60 - A
- Miles per gallon for vehicle class - 29 - B
- Average miles driven (University average) - 201 - C
- Gallons consumed - 6.931 - D (C/B)
- AAA National Price Per Gallon (as of 12/1/2019) - $2.57 - E
- Cost of Fuel - $17.81 - F (D X E)
- Cost per day - $57.41 - G (A + F)
- Calculated Personal Mileage Rate - $0.29 - (G / C)
For questions, employees may contact the University of Nebraska’s Office of the Vice President for Business and Finance at (402) 472-2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.