At UNO, faculty excellence is recognized with several awards that celebrate outstanding contributions to the university community in teaching, research and creative activity, and community engagement. Please consider nominating a colleague for one of the following campus-wide awards, all of which are presented at Faculty Honor’s Convocation in April:
- Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award (due Nov. 14)
- Faculty Service Learning Award (due Nov. 16)
- Excellence in Teaching Award (form due Dec. 7, materials due Jan. 18)
- Excellence in Community Engagement Award (form due Dec. 7, materials due Jan. 18)
- Faculty Excellence in Global Engagement Award (form due Dec. 7, materials due Jan. 10)
- Distinguished Research or Creative Activity Award (due Jan. 18)
- Alumni Outstanding Teaching Awards (due Feb. 1)
- Outstanding Innovation in Teaching with Technology Award (due March 1)
- Named Chairs and Professorships (College-specific TBD by Dean’s Office, campus-wide due March 1)
For more information, please visit the Academic Affairs Honors and Awards page.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.