They’re passionate. They work hard. They’re committed. They lead.
That's how the Omaha Jaycees describe their 2017 Ten Outstanding Young Omahans (TOYO!) award recipients.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is well-represented in this year's cohort. Of the group, six are Mavericks.
The award honors individuals between the ages of 21 and 40 who show exemplary commitment to improving the Omaha community through selfless acts of kindness while excelling in their professional careers.
Congratulations to our UNO honorees!
- Alec Gorynski, First National Bank (alumnus)
- Stephanie Guy, Alvine Engineering (alumna)
- Jasmine L. Harris, Defy Ventures (alumna)
- Yvonne Sosa, Douglas County Public Defender’s Office (alumna)
- Tim Royers, Millard Public Schools (alumnus)
- Sofia Jawed-Wessel, Ph.D., University of Nebraska at Omaha (faculty)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.