UNO Cisco Phone Conversion
The Cisco phone project will upgrade the University’s existing Avaya telephone service with a new Cisco Unified Communications platform. This new platform will include telephone, instant messaging, presence services, and other modern features at a reduced departmental cost.
Some of the new features available include:
- New Cisco VoIP telephones with advanced features, including call history, feature buttons, a high-quality two-way speakerphone, and an option for a phone model that includes a color display.
A consolidated phone directory for the Omaha, Lincoln, and Kearney campuses.
- Toll-free calling between the Omaha, Lincoln, and Kearney campuses.
- Domestic long-distance bundled into the monthly subscription rate.
- Mobility features that allow for incoming calls to simultaneously ring a desk phone and a cell phone, or to transfer in-progress calls to a cell phone.
- Cisco Jabber application for desktops and mobile devices for placing and receiving calls from your UNO phone number, instant messaging, and call control capabilities for your desk phone; or optionally as a softphone in place of a desk phone.
Phones and Devices
Learn more about the technologies provided by this conversion including key features, manuals, and pricing.Learn More
Learn more about voicemail, including helpful guides and our self-service portal!Learn More