- Canvas Website. (my.unomaha.edu has a link to Canvas)
- Account and Password is your UNO NetID (same as Blackboard, gmav, etc.).
- UNO uses single sign for many applications including Canvas. If you use the log out button, you will receive a Page Error. Close the browser and you will be logged out. This is important when using computers in open labs like the library and other locations on campus.
- Recommended Browsers. Keep browsers, Adobe Flash, and Java updated.
- 24x7 Support: Many help options are available -- phone, email, chat, and report a problem. To access the various help options, follow these steps:
- Login to Canvas.
- Click on 'Help' (lower left side of screen) - Information by phone, chat, and email are available in this section.
- If you select ''Report a Problem' Canvas captures the web browser and other pertinent information that will help the Canvas folks answer your question.
- Ask Your Instructor a Question from the Help option.
Easy Ways to Stay Up to Date within Canvas Courses
Want updates when grading on an assignment is complete, due date changes, or any change within a course? Do you want notifications ASAP or just once a day? Use Notifications to set up updates just the way you want. Send to your phone with a text message or send to multiple emails. Make Canvas work for you!
- Click on 'Account' then select 'Notifications'
- For assistance on how to make modifications go to: Video Support or Text Support
Canvas Mobile an Entirely Positive Experience Very Different then Blackboard MobileCanvas has a FREE app for Android and iPhone. Download and experience ALL the positives – much better than using a browser on your phone! Go to the App store and search for 'Canvas by Instructure.' Once installed connect the app to UNO Canvas by typing 'University of Neb' and you will see a choice for UNO. At this time not all quiz settings or question types are compatible with the mobile app. Ask your instructor before trying to use the mobile app to complete a quiz/test.
Assignments: Submissions, View Assignment Feedback, and Downloading all Assignments
- Submissions: Video Support or Text Support
- View Assignment Feedback: Text Support
- View Rubric Assignment Feedback: Text Support
- Download all Assignments from a Course: Text Support
This page is evolving. Your feedback is important. Send comments to: email@example.com
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.