Get Started for Faculty & Staff
Accounts and Passwords
- The NUID (Nebraska Unique Identifier) was developed as a replacement for the Social Security Number as an unique identifier in campus systems. Your NUID is used as your log on ID in several systems, such as Mavlink, Firefly, SAP and other systems on your campus. Those systems that use TrueYou as the authentication system will also have the same ID (NUID) and password for all of those systems.
- UNO NetID
- The UNO NetID is your username and password for online services that are specific to UNO, such as Canvas, Office365,GMav, etc. Every student, faculty and staff member has a UNO NetID. Your NetID and all associated accounts are automatically generated upon enrollment of class, registration for orientation, registration for placement exams, or as part of the hiring process. It can take up to 3 days for accounts to be completely generated and accessible.
Information Technology Services supports a number of systems on campus; three of the most critical services are email, Box and Canvas.
- Office 365 is the faculty and staff email system. It's powered by Microsoft Office 365. To login, you will need your NetID username and password.
- Box is your solution for easy access to files, sharing securely with colleagues and customers, and working with files on your mobile devices!
- Canvas is the campus learning management system. Faculty use Canvas to teach online courses and distribute information for on campus courses. To login, you will need your NetID username and password.
For more online services please visit my.unomaha.edu .
Whether you're a student, faculty, staff or a guest to our campus you can connect to the wireless network. Your computer or mobile device requires 802.11 wireless networking capability. If you are unsure of your the wireless device capabilities, review the device specification or contact ITS Technical Support.
For more information about the wireless network please visit: Networks & Connectivity
Information Technology Services has partnered with UNO colleges and departments to install and support over 180 classrooms, labs and auditoriums across campus with advanced technology products to enhance instruction. There rooms are commonly referred to as Hi-Tech rooms. Each room provides installed large format projection or display systems to display digital content of computer applications, web sites and DVDs.
For more information on Hi-Tech Classrooms, including locations please visit: Hi-Tech Classrooms.
- The University of Nebraska has a contract with Adobe that has offers licenses the Adobe Creative Cloud for use on all computers owned by UNO. This contract also allows faculty and staff to purchase a home copy from our online software sales partner, On the Hub. To purchase and download Adobe Creative Cloud for home use please go to http://www.unomaha.edu/buysoftware.
- The University of Nebraska has a contract with Microsoft that allows faculty and staff to purchase a home copy of certain versions of Windows from our online software sales partner, On the Hub. To purchase and download Windows for home use please go to http://www.unomaha.edu/buysoftware.
- Free Office
- UNO's Information Technology Services provides Microsoft® Office 365 ProPlus to students, faculty and staff at no cost. Each student, faculty or staff may install this software on up to five computers - PC or Mac - and five mobile devices - Apple iOS, Android and Windows Mobile. The subscription is free. Access is tied to your @unomaha.edu email address.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.