Managers and Supervisors
The information provided is intended to assist managers and supervisors by enhancing their overall knowledge of UNO's hiring and recruitment process.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Statement
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) is committed to maintaining an environment for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors that is fair and responsible, an environment which is based on one’s ability and performance.
The University of Nebraska Omaha declares and affirms a policy of equal education and employment opportunities, affirmative action in employment, and non discrimination in providing services to the public. Therefore, the University of Nebraska Omaha shall not discriminate based upon age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender-identity, sex, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, religion, or political affiliation.
In keeping with this commitment, the University also will not tolerate discrimination prohibited under this policy against students, faculty, staff, and visitors by anyone acting on behalf of the University of Nebraska Omaha.
The Office of Human Resources is here to help you. For questions regarding:
- Compensation and payroll, contact Lolita Schumacher
- PAF, ePAF, reference checks, contact Chris Elston
- Job descriptions, contact Lolita Schumacher
- Payroll, ESS Time navigation & workers compensation, contact Mary Razor
- Employment and recruitment, contact Rachel Radel
- Employee relations, development & employment, contact Laura Wakefield
- Employee relations & recognition, contact Kristina Hoffmann
- Benefits or student employment, contact Tim Rochford
Recruiting and Interviewing
Steps for Hiring Employees
- Job Description Instructions, Template and Presentation
- Supervisor Guidelines for Interviewing
- Interview Topics Guide
- Interview Questions Guide
- Guide to Reference Checks
- Guide to Criminal Background Check Reports
- Checklist - Preparing for the Employee's First Day
Workflows – Posting/Applicants
UNO Careers Recruitment Management Site
- How to Save the PeopleAdmin Access Portal to Your Favorites Bar or Desktop
UNO Employment Legal Policies
Supervisors of UNO Staff - Policies, Forms and Templates
Direct Deposit Form
Disciplinary Action, Guidelines
Disciplinary Action, Steps for Verbal Warning
Disciplinary Action, Steps for Written Warning
UnEval Flow Chart
UnEval Employee Self-Evaluation Process
UnEval Evaluator Guide
Employee of the Month Nomination Form
PAF (Personnel Action Form)
PDF (Personnel Data Form)
Employment Separation Checklist for Managers
Verbal Warning Template
W-4 Form 2019
Written Warning Template
Supervisors of UNO Staff - Information on Leaves and FMLA
For Managers/Supervisors who have an employee with a serious health condition, or a family member with one, this can be a time when there are a lot of questions about benefits and the different types of leave. The links in this section will provide you and your employees with valuable information to help provide answers to those questions.
FMLA information (Family Medical Leave Act)
Information for a manager whose employee is facing cancer (This link from Cancer and Careers will provide you with information that may be helpful to you if you have an employee who is dealing with a cancer diagnosis for themselves or a family member. The information is oriented towards a cancer diagnosis but much of the information is also useful when dealing with a serious health condition).