Some things we can help you with include:
- Coaching and development
- Performance review content consultation
- ER policy interpretation and administration
- Disciplinary issues and procedures
Faculty and Staff Employee Assistance Program (FSEAP)
Visit the FSEAP page for more information about the Best Care Employee Assistance Program. Confidential counseling and referral services are available to benefit-eligible Faculty and Staff and their eligible dependents.
RESPECT Engagement Survey
There is no question that engagement is vital to any successful experience and that is certainly true in the workplace.
UNO's 2019 RESPECT Employee Engagement Survey helped to provide UNO with the best information, feedback, and resources to help make this an even better place to work. The RESPECT themes are:
- Exciting Work
- Education and Career
- Conditions at Work
Following the completion of the survey, UNO employees helped produce an impressive 72% response rate. Thanks to these responses, units across campus took action on the information to provide continuous quality improvement
The next RESPECT Engagement Survey will take place in 2022. More information will be posted in the Maverick Daily as it's available.
Information for Employees Leaving UNO
We value the opinions of our employees and to understand more about their employment experience at UNO, we offer an exit interview. The purpose is to gather information that helps make UNO a more productive, positive, and rewarding workplace. For more information please email email@example.com
Professional Training and Development
There are many academic opportunities in a university setting for personal growth and development. In addition to the pursuit of an academic degree and on-the-job experiences, the following training courses, technology overviews, and academic partnerships are available.
Re-Imagining U Spring Courses Are Available!
Re-Imagining U is a collaborative employee training and development program developed and coordinated by the joint UNO and UNMC office of Human Resources. Over 30 courses will be offered virtually this spring. It is offered at no extra cost to employees and provides the opportunity for employees to take advantage of resources and tools to accomplish development goals. To register for courses:
Log in to Bridge to register at the Bridge Learning Library. In the Learning Library, scroll down to the Re-Imagining U for course selection.
Based on Results from the 2019 Employee Engagement Survey, this year's RIU courses are tailored to focus on the themes of RESPECT:
- Exciting Work
- Education and Career
- Conditions at Work
Pay is a category of great interest expressed in the RESPECT survey and we listened! A new course, Demystifying Compensation will be available. Technology courses were highly popular with the Fall 2020 catalog, so those will be offered again in spring of 2021. And don't forget about Earth Day for the return of our Sustainable Living course. We hope you will join us for courses that will support your personal and professional development goals.
Executive Education Program
The Nebraska Business Development Center (NBDC) at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) has announced the upcoming transition of their Professional and Organizational Development program to the UNO CBA Executive Education program.
Recognition and Awards
Employees are one of UNO's greatest assets. We recognize employee performance, service, and outstanding contributions in a variety of ways.
We offer the following formal recognition:
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year
- Spirit of Service Award
- Chancellor's Award and Recognition Committee: Comprised of diverse nominees from campus resource groups. the purpose is to promote recognition and awards programs. This committee serves as voting members for Employee of the Month/Year and KUDOS.
- KUDOS Award: The President and the Board of Regents have established an award to recognize the accomplishments of outstanding employees from across the four University of Nebraska campuses. Employees are encouraged to nominate co-workers who deserve special recognition for going above and beyond the call of duty. The KUDOS award is presented at the six yearly Board of Regents meetings. Click on the KUDOS Nomination Form to nominate someone now.
- Retiree and Service Award Gifts
People are Everything
The most important quality of any organization is its people; individuals who come together in a unified cause that achieves goals no one person could achieve alone.
As we celebrate UNO's collective achievements, we must also be sure to take time honoring and celebrating our colleagues and co-workers for their contributions and efforts, which may sometimes go unnoticed, because People are Everything.
"How can I possibly thank you?"
Benefits-eligible employees have access to log in to "People Are Everything" - UNO's employee rewards and recognition program. After logging in, users will have access to:
- A customized dashboard featuring access to send eCards and/or reward points
- Forms to submit KUDOS and Employee of the Month nominations
- The ability to redeem points you earn for gifts
Recognition and Retention Tools
- Work units may together use the Recognition Matrix in order to let each other and their unit leader know how they like to be recognized. Please save this form on a shared drive in your unit for usage. Note: If unites choose to use this matrix, it is optional and university funds should not be utilized for any purchases.
- Stay Interviews are available for supervisors and managers as a retention tool for their team. Please reach out to Employee Relations for consultation
Performance Management & Improvement
Performance Management is not a one-time occurrence. It is a continuous cycle of planning, managing, and reviewing employee performance in which communication is key.
Managers will determine performance expectations and objectives as well as expectations around job competencies and key behaviors required for individuals on their team.
Employees will work with their managers to understand expectations, establish performance goals, and plan their personal development.
Performance is documented in the performance evaluation and is based upon UNO's Values. The Optional Feedback Tool is available for use. Please reach out to Employee Relations if you need assistance in composing the evaluation.
Managers and supervisors occasionally need to inform employees that they are not meeting expectations. The university follows a standard process that is structured to assist the employee in order for them to be successful in their position. Employee Relations must be consulted on all written warnings and involuntary separations, whether for-cause or at-will.