UNO is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The commission can be contacted at:
- 30 North LaSalle St. Suite 2400
- Chicago, IL 60602-2504
- Telephone: 1-800-621-7440
UNO also has programs which are accredited or approved by the:
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- Engineers Council for Professional Development
- Technology Accreditation Commission/Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- National Association for Industrial Technology
- American Home Economics Association (for undergraduate programs)
- American Dietetic Association
- American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- Educational Standards Board of the Boards of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- National Recreation and Park Association/American Association for Leisure and Recreation
- American Chemical Society
- American Library Association
Its courses are accepted for purposes of teacher certification by the Nebraska State Department of Education.
The School and Community Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), the national accrediting agency for Counselor Education programs.
Course credits from UNO are accepted by other member colleges and universities of the North Central Association and by member institutions of other regional accrediting agencies.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.