Maverick COVID-19 Commitment
I commit to do my part to keep my campus and community in good health as I return to the University of Nebraska at Omaha campus and experience all that the City of Omaha and State of Nebraska has to offer.
I understand that I have a responsibility in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to be an accountable member of both the Maverick and surrounding communities.
I commit to be an active participant in maintaining my own health, wellbeing, and safety, as well as the safety of others, by following all the guidelines and expectations outlined by the university.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, I personally commit to supporting the following campus and community standards:
- Wearing a face covering in accordance with the campus face covering policy.
- Being mindful of physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet, especially in smaller spaces (i.e. elevators, restrooms, offices, and dining facilities).
- Maintaining good personal hygiene habits and washing hands thoroughly and/or frequently using hand sanitizer.
- Using an approved screening tool, such as the 1-Check COVID self-screening app, daily before coming to campus.
- Staying home if I’m exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and/or I am just generally not feeling well.
- Doing my best to keep common community spaces clean.
- Avoiding and discouraging large in-person group gatherings wherever possible.
- Abiding by all specified campus room and public space COVID-19 occupancy limits.
- Complying with guidance from campus and local health officials.
- Regularly reviewing the Fall Forward/COIVD-19 website.
- Reaching out to the UNO Office of Health Security with questions as needed.
In this unprecedented time, UNO is striving to provide a quality higher education experience while working to keep our community healthy, safe, and secure. By following through on these commitments, you are doing your part to help maintain the safety of our community and demonstrating the Maverick Spirit value.
We ask you to proudly display your commitment to ensuring the safety and wellness of our campus in any way you see fit and encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to do the same.